May 13: Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't
1) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - appears either you love this book or you don't. I finished because I was curious about the ending, but it took awhile.
2) One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus - still gave this book 3 stars (meaning I liked it)
3) The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver - I ended up giving this book a 4 star rating, I think that I got frustrated with some of the characters here and wanted to reach in the book and give them a shake.
4) Alice I Have Been by Melaine Benjamin - kinda creeped me out a little, the relationship thing going on there. Still an interesting look at the creator of Alice in Wonderland (one of these days I might actually read it too.)
5) Captain Alatriste by Arturo Perez-Reverte - A lot of swashbuckling, that's about it.
6) Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz - I love a good witch story, but this wasn't it. By the ratings I can see that I am not alone. Why did I stick with it? Good question.