1. Not into vampires (or witches). Has Twilight or Sookie turned you off vampires or you are just afraid to read about them. Well here is a series for you. Forget that some say this is an adult version of Twilight, it's SO much better.
2. What you've never heard of Eleanor of Aquitaine!? Seriously?? Well have I got a book for you!
3. Not sure about Stephen King, think he is all horror and no substance, this is one of my favorites.
4. Audio books are a favorite of mine, I always have one on the go (dog walking, running, driving and even housework). All Margaret George books have been read this way, Memoirs of Cleopatra is my favorite coming in at 5 minutes shy of 50 hours. Don't knock it till you try it. Not all books are 50 hour long, depends on the size of the book.
5. Chick lit isn't your thing, mine either. But give this series a try, it's good for a smile and chuckle every once in a while. Also works well as an audio too - though be careful if you are listening to this walking down the street, you might get strange looks if you start laughing out loud.
6. How about some non fiction? It's not a dry as you might think. Julia Fox wrote a really interesting book called Sister Queens about Katherine of Aragon and Juana, Queen of Castile, check it out.
7. Children's books, think they are just for kids? There are some great coming of age and award winning books that had me captivated, this is a great one to start with. Works good to read to your kids too.
8. Not into paranormal stuff. Give The Ghost Bride a try, you will get so taken in with the story that you'll forget you don't like this genre.
9. Books made into movies. READ THE BOOK FIRST! Some books just don't make the cut, Harry Potter was wonderful, so was The Book Thief, The Other Boleyn Girl - well I lasted 5 minutes in that movie and never looked back (the book is a favorite of mine).
10. Afraid to start a series, sometimes it is nice to read about familiar faces again, provided they aren't released so far apart that the author passes in the middle of the series (The Wheel of Time, much to my boys dismay). My favorite is the Graham Saga - check out my post from a couple days ago, you could even win a set of these books.