“Béla’s Letters” is a historical fiction novel spanning eight decades.
It revolves around the remarkable life story of Béla Ingber, who was born before the onset of WWI in Munkács, a small city nestled in the Carpathian Mountains. The book tells of the struggles of Béla and his extended family to comprehend and prepare for the Holocaust, the implausible circumstances that the survivors endure before reuniting in the New World, and the crushing impact on them of their wartime experiences together with the feelings of guilt, hatred, fear, and abandonment that haunt them. At the core of the novel are the poignant letters and postcards that family members wrote to Béla, undeterred by the feasibility of delivery, which were his lifeline, even decades after the war ended.
Publication Date: February 18, 2016
Paperback; 596 Pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
For more information visit Jeff Ingber's website. You can also connect with him on Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads.
click on banner for more stops on this tour
GiveawayTo win a copy of Béla's Letters please enter using the GLEAM form below.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on July 4th. You must be 18 or older to enter.
– Giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY.
– Only one entry per household.
– All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion.
– Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or new winner is chosen.
This book sounds incredibly poignant. Thanks for sharing with us.ReplyDelete